At the Resort, we offer a variety of activities for kids of all ages. Be sure to check the calendar or contact our staff for activities scheduled during your stay. Everyday activities include basketball, horseshoes, hiking, exploring, a Rec Room with a pool table, ping pong table, Shuffle Board, 2 arcade games, and board games.
Families often bring bikes and scooters to get around and have fun in the campground. Feel free to bring your bicycles, but remember, kids must be wearing a helmet when riding and anybody operating a motorized vehicle must have a valid driver’s license.
Scheduled events include, but are not limited to, ice cream socials, potlucks, basketball, arts and crafts, and campfire nights. We often have live entertainment nights with special guests at our outdoor stage. Every year we hold a campground parade for The 4th of July! Be sure to bring 4th of July decor and decorate yourself, your pet, or your bike!
We also have educational toys and real fossils in the gift area. We carry many books on astronomy, outdoor safety, plants and animals, and the history of the Sierra Nevada for a few examples.
Campfires are a must-have at night. So don’t forget to bring roasting sticks and all your favorite S’mores supplies! We love watching families sit around a fire laughing and talking. Mr. and Mrs. Bigfoot stroll through the campground often! Can you spot them?
They are also available for purchase in the store, buy a bigfoot and take a picture of them on your travels and tell us where you brought them! Don’t forget to tag us on Instagram or Facebook!
While firewood is available for purchase, you can also gather any wood on the ground in the forest! Just don’t prune or cut down our trees, Forest Service doesn’t take those disturbances lightly.
Activities in the Area
California’s Western Sierra Nevada offers some of the finest outdoor recreation activities in the country.
- Wishon Reservoir offers hiking trails, fishing, rock climbing, and boating. If you’re lucky, you may spot the bald eagle fishing! There is a 15 MPH speed limit on the lake.
- Courtright Reservoir offers trailheads for OHV trails, rock climbing, hiking, fishing, boating, and beautiful landscape at an elevation of 8,200. Only 10 miles above our campground, Courtright is a highly recommended destination for all our guests!
- Trailheads surround the area and even lead into the Wilderness and the John Muir Trail. A few main trailheads include; Rancheria Trailhead, Dusy-Ershim Trail Head, and Woodchuck Trailhead. You can drive down to Dinkey Creek and enjoy a burger by the creek!
- Hunters and Fishermen frequent this area during hunting season for deer, bear, and quail to name a few. Fishing offers native Brown Trout and planted Rainbow trout in the reservoirs.
- Horseback rides and packing trips are available at Clyde Pack Outfitters.