What to do?
Wishon Village Campground Activities
Wishon Village offers a variety of campground activities throughout the summer for all ages.
Join us for our Father’s Day Horseshoe Tournament or our yearly 4th of July Parade and Site decorating contest, the best dressed and the best-decorated site gets a prize! We also have wine tasting, ice cream social’s, bingo, potlucks, archery, and church on Sundays. We have live entertainment throughout the summer such as magic shows and hootenannies.
Our campground offers the following activities which are available during store hours: basketball, horseshoes, ping-pong, pool, 2 arcade games, and shuffleboard. Just come ask an employee for the basketball or horseshoes, we hold a license or credit card until the items are safely returned!
For more activities in the campground go here!
California’s Western Sierra Nevada offers some of the finest outdoor recreation activities in the country.
- Wishon Reservoir offers hiking trails, fishing, rock climbing, and boating. If your lucky, you may spot the bald eagle fishing! There is a 15 MPH speed limit on the lake.
- Courtright Reservoir offers trailheads for OHV trails, rock climbing, hiking, fishing, boating, and beautiful landscape at an elevation of 8,200. Only 10 miles above our campground, Courtright is a highly recommended destination for all our guests!
- Trailheads surround the area and even lead into the Wilderness and the John Muir Trail. A few main trailheads include; Rancheria Trailhead, Dusy-Ershim Trail Head, and Woodchuck Trailhead. You can drive down to Dinkey Creek and enjoy a burger by the creek!
- Hunters and Fisherman frequent this area during hunting season for deer, bear, and quail to name a few. Fishing offers native Brown Trout and planted Rainbow trout in the reservoirs. The Kiwanis Club holds a Special Olympics Fishing Derby each July at Wishon Reservoir.
- Horseback rides and packing trips are available at Clyde Pack Outfitters.